NCA Chapter 1
Chapter 1: Definitions and Interpretations
Chapter 1 of the National Credit Act lays out interpretation and definitions within the act, the purpose and application and classification and categories of credit agreements.
Part A : Interpretation
3. Purpose of Act
5. Application of Act
6. Limited application of Act to incidental credit agreements.
Part B : Purpose and Application
6. Limited application of Act when consumer is juristic person
7. Threshold determination and industry tiers
Part C : Classification and categories of credit agreements
8. Credit agreements
9. Categories of credit agreements
10. Developmental credit agreements
11. Public interest credit agreements